3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 lbs baby beets, washed and trimmed
(all beets should be about the same size)
1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed
2 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 cups baby arugula
4 cups mesclun salad greens
1/4 cup sunflower sees, toasted
4 oz goat cheese, sliced into 8 pieces
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Prepare baking dish by coating lightly with olive oil.
2. If beets are much bigger than brussels sprouts, cut them in half, otherwise leave them whole. Toss beets and brussels sprouts in 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and season with 1 tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Place vegetables in baking dish in single layer. Roast in hot oven for one hour. Remove from heat and let cool. Remove skins from beets when cool enough to handle.
4. Divide salad greens among four plates. Sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds. Arrange beets and brussels sprouts evenly between plates. Place two pieces of goat cheese on each plate. Drizzle each plate with vinegar and olive oil.
5. Season with a dusting of sea salt and black pepper.
Makes 4 Servings / Prep Time 20 Minutes / Cook Time 60 minutes
Nutritional Value per serving:
Calories:426 | Calories from Fat: 224 | Protein: 18g | Carbs: 36g | Total Fat: 26g | Saturate Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Fiber: 13g | Sodium: 1291mg | Cholesterol: 29.4mg | Sugar 2g
Source: “The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged” - Tosca Reno